Publishing Ethical Research: Practical Applications and Resources
Webinar Objective :
Following participation in the webinar, attendees will be able to
- List two historical events that influence current research ethics practices.
- Discuss if it is ethical to not publish research findings.
- Select an appropriate action when a collaborator does not meet all authorship criteria.
- State at least two methods for protecting human subjects who participate in research.
- Describe three behaviors that compromise scientific integrity.
- State at least two databases for registering a clinical trial.
- Use a decision support tool to determine if a conflict of interest exists.
Speaker: Allison Alley
Allison Alley, MPH is a researcher at Seoul National University’s JW Lee Center for Global Medicine in Seoul, South Korea. Her work focuses on health information access in the Asia-Pacific region. Previously she worked as a Senior Clinical Trials Specialist at the American Society of Clinical Oncology in Alexandria, Virginia. She holds a MPH from Johns Hopkins University and a BSN from Carlow University.
This webinar targets early-career researchers and will share introductory-level content about publishing ethical research. Experienced researchers wishing to review ethics topics will also benefit from participation. The content is applicable to a global audience.
- The webinar registration link is generated only once, please store the link in a secure place to attend the scheduled webinar.
- There is no limit to registration, but joining on webinar is on first come first serve basis to maximum of 100 attendees
- If you can't make it live, register anyway and we'll send you a copy of our live recording.
- Please login into the webinar at least 15-20 minutes ahead so as to avoid last minute delays - common troubleshooting during /before webinar
- Please provide correct mobile number to get sms notification (only for Indian users).
- When you confirm for webinar, you are automatically signed up for our newsletter, in case you don't want to receive newsletter please unsubscribe on receipt of first newsletter.